Monday, June 21, 2010

My Own 'Buzz' And 'Woody'

I have told the story before how the two boxes from my room were lost when we came back to Canada is 1977 from living in Germany. I lost everything from my childhood including a great collection of comic books and action figures. I was devastated and basically, at age 12, had to grow up without my childhood friends around me.

Several years later I bought a comic from the rack (X-Men Annual #6 where they fight Dracula) and was born again. I amassed a collection over the next twenty years that numbers 12,000 +.

One day I found a 'Doctor Strange' figure for sale at the toy store. My search to rebuild my toy collection began in earnest.

The new collections can in no way take the place of what I lost but I now can live with the loss. I watched 'Toy Story 3' today and I though of these two. They were the figures I took with me on the plane coming home and thus are the only ones still left to me.

Thanks Spidey and Evil. I will never give you away and just might have you cremated with me.

6 comments:

Sam G said...

I had a crap load of Mego figures as well as the Evel Knievel stunt cycle. Best toy ever. All gone now.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

One of the last toys my father got me before he died was the 're-issued' Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle that is exactly like the one we all remember.

Wings1295 said...

We all have some version of a "Woody" and/or "Buzz", don't we?

DrGoat said...

I've got that Dr. Strange & Dr. Doom. (one of my favorites.) But I've got to say, my Rocky & Bullwinkle are my Woody & Buzz.

Colin Lorimer said...

All I have left of Evel is his helmet and his belt...

sniff!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Doom is awesome I have many Doom figures and statues. Even the huge mug with his face on it so I can drink hot chocolate out of his head.

I just took off my Evil's helmet and belt and looked at the all alone by themselves and I gotta admit I cried a little too, LD.