Friday, July 1, 2011

William And Kate In Canada on Canada Day


I am not a royal watcher but I have to admit that I am liking all this coverage of Will and Kate's honeymoon in Canada. The Royal Family has always had a special relationship with my country and I even met Prince Charles when I attended the World Scout Jamboree in P.E.I. in 1977.

I have the impression that Prince William is a nice guy. I suspect the fact that he got his grandfather's hairline had alot to do with the fact that he acts like a regular person - albeit one that will be King one day.

Kate is adorable eye candy though I could do with less of the goofy hats. What woman wears a hat with dress cloths these days anyways? You are a modern princess girl - break those chains and start a new trend.

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, the Windsors bald early, it's true. And milliners the entire world over are thankful for Kate's resurrection of hats. I'm watching the Canada Day celebrations from Parliament Hill right now and she's wearing a wonderful red hat with a maple leaf on top.

Happy Canada Day, Cal!

csmith2884 said...

Kal, youare my go to guy for hats..since your are making top hats cool again all by yourself. Happy Canada day my friend.

Kal said...

Thanks both of you. I never realized there was a maple leaf on the top of Kate's hat. I just noticed that Wills tie matched it.

Top hats never go out of style. But I would never wear one without the proper tails and Yeti fur coat.

Pat Tillett said...

I'm always surprised that there is so much interest in the U.S. also.

Nomad said...

I Cry "Republic, Rupublic!!!!" every time.

Kal said...

But we have the best of both worlds. The royal history that in reality has no power over us so despite the fact that we are a Constitutional Monarchy we act more like a Republic.