Sunday, June 21, 2015

In A Different Reality, We Could Have Been Friends

You know those persons on the Facebooks that you have on your friends list because they know someone that you know. They are the ones who say stuff just because they think they know everything about everything and they have ABSOLUTELY no sense of humor about themselves. I don't know why I feel the need to torture those people. To say things that infuriate them for no other reason than to hope that they drop me or block me or unfollow me or whatever people do to trash they are tossing out on Facebook.

The truth is, however, that I think this person and I would really be good friends because I could and would call her on her bullshit. Just because ONE person should. I do it out of love because she is an interesting person. She says interesting things. She just needs a reminder sometimes that the sum of her life experience leave her with some wiggle room in her black/white world. But I respect her. I wouldn't waste my time or my wit otherwise. I am so unbelievably stingy with my sarcasm that she should see this as a gift.

"I caught a fly and released it outside. It may not make a difference in the world, but it makes a world of difference to the fly."

Calvin Heighton Not really. He doesn't appreciate the gesture at all. His brain is geared for survival and procreation and death...all in a short period of time. He doesn't see the larger picture. He has no angst.

"Shut up."

Now that is magnificent.

 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You should start to use emoticons so people clue in to your sarcasm.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Naw....I don't want people who can't get it.