Monday, June 22, 2015

Star Wars Rebels - The Siege Of Lothal

I have been waiting for this fantastic series to return. It took me awhile to warm up to the whole world because I was impatient for things to happen. I should have realized that the same creative people that made the magnificent Clone Wars were in charge of Rebels and they knew exactly what they were doing.


I liked getting to know the crew of the Ghost and their growing involvement in a larger rebellion against the Empire. Many of the people we already know like Grand Mof Tarkin are introduced. We are about three years before Luke will destroy the first Death Star.

At the end of last year the greatest thing happened. We discovered that my beloved Ahsoka Tano was alive and a much stronger Jedi. I just KNEW she has survived Order 66 and the destruction of the Jedi Order. However, since she is not in STAR WARS then she must die before that movie begins.


I also immediately realized that this meant that a confrontation between Ahsoka and her old Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker. She was his Padawan. He trained her and now as Darth Vader he is even more powerful that he has ever been. Does she know that it's Anakin under that mask? He called her 'Skywalker's Apprentice'. There is a moment where she reveals herself to Vader while trying to use the Force to escape from him. Bad mistake.

She might not be strong enough to defeat him and now he knows (through the force) that she I still alive. Nothing even with the help of Kanan and Ezra . They are the only three (aside from Yoda and Obi Wan Kenobie) Jedi Knights left alive in the Universe.

 
The Siege of Lothal was everything that makes Rebels great. Fantastic space battles. Dark Vader playing mind games with the Rebels so he can study them before killing them. He had many chances to kill them outright but his plan was grander and more destructive than our crew are used to. This is the big leagues now. It is never good if Lord Vader knows who you are. He's like a job with a bone that one.


I sympathize with Kaden and his fear. He doesn't want to have anything to do with Vader. He just wants to run away and live another day. He isn't too thrilled either about becoming more involved in rebellion business but he can't convince Hera to go back to he way things were. To bad that she is excited to be part of the life and death action of the Rebellion.



2 comments:

Bob/Sally said...

I wasn't sure about Rebels either, but my toddler wanted to watch it, and I figured it might be a gateway into Star Wars proper. I've really come to enjoy it, and it's become something of a bonding experience.

Of course, it also means he challenges me to a lightsabre duel every time we're in Walmart or Toys r Us . . . but that's not necessarily a bad thing. :)

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Very cool. That is the greatest thing about having a kid these days.