Sunday, June 28, 2015

Not As Much Fun As I Thought It Would Be

Who ever thought that I would feel sorry poor Paris Hilton. I have never been a fan and have mocked her on occasion but this prank does seem especially cruel. I thought it would be fun to see but quickly  could see the real terror on her face. She is nowhere near that good and actress to pull off those Academy Award winning cries of despair.

Gah.

The televised execution is next and then the pay per view gladiatorial games to the death. I am personally hoping for something like Live From The Thunderdome or of course the classic Death Race.



I also learned that Dubai can be full of assholes. Who knew? You bring this women to your county to basically terrorize her to the point of madness and make entertainment out of it. Damn. This was suppose to be fun. Why don't I feel good about this?

I just felt that Paris reminds me of a dumb Collie. She is basically harmless. I mean what damage can she really do? This seems like a stunt better reserved for someone like a Sarah Palin or Donald Trump. Those two have lists of sin that make them more than deserving.

It's a stunt you can only do once unless other dumb celebrities go on any craft in Dubai. I would start taking the stairs and avoid those building elevators entirely.

Then again. If I was on the plane with everyone else who was in on the joke I would soon realize that the plane is NOT going down. It's moving around a lot but there is no danger. Guys are all around her to protect her. Even the guy who 'fell out' was in full parachute and helmet already. She should have clued into that if she wasn't already locked in a fear response I wonder if they could have got her into the same gear and made her jump. Or tied her to a skydiver. That would have been interesting.

SEE! I am conflicted. It was a good gag that should have made me laugh but didn't. What is wrong with my comedy radar?

The language is harsh on the ears to listen to. It's worse than that guttural South African drawl. That made things extra weird I will admit. Not understanding what the guy is saying and being exposed for the first time to TV in Dubai is a jarring experience for this TV guy.

Egyptian actor Ramez Galal convinced hotel heiress and quasi-famous person Paris Hilton that their plane was crashing. The prank was pulled on Galal’s show, Ramez in Control, in the skies above Dubai.

Hilton initially thought she was taking a jet tour of the city. But moments into the flight, things went sideways when the pilots began performing acrobatic maneuvers. The prank, which looks absolutely terrifying, lasts several minutes.

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

There's harmless pranks and then there's cruelty. No one should be made to fear for their lives just for somebody else's jollies.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Thank you. That is what I think.

Dr. Theda said...

Fear is the "foundation for some of the Greatest and most "Effective" pranks....
and Hilton.... has hurt so many people in her rise to fame.... ... She was not actually harmed... just given a really bad "Scare"... it may have been "mean-spirited"... think of it as a small "payback" to the B*tch for all the people she so callously harmed...
... in her case .... she most likely "deserved it"...

DrGoat said...

She might have deserved it for sure, but someone would have a sore face if they did this to me.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Frankly I would have long since broken into the cockpit and landed the plan myself.

j-swin said...

yeah, she's pretty vapid and useless, but that's just mean.