Friday, June 26, 2015

You Got The Win, George

 


Clutch the pearls. The barbarians are at the gates, its Sodom and Gamora out there. The Right are twisting themselves into all kinds of pretzels to denounce this decision and it is fun to watch them squirm. I won't lie to you, it continues to bring me joy.

Speaking of joy...

Can we talk about how great this Weather Girls song is? Not just the greatest one hit wonder of all time but an example that making videos in the 80s on the cheap was never a great thing. But full props to the sisters for giving it their all and creating an anthem for days like today. Now I am a straight man but I swear I could just kiss that George Clooney right now. Kiss him full on the lips. I never realized how much my side of the humanity spectrum needed a win like this. It's not taking away anything from anyone. Don't let the haters fool you. It's about giving something back that should have never been denied in the first place.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

As gay anthems go, "It's Raining Men" is one of the truly greats!