Saturday, August 25, 2018

Marvel Is Pushing For A Best Picture Nomination For Black Panther

At the very least and it's that good and deserves to stand beside the rest of the best movies of the year and it was the best movie of the year in my opinion. We can wait a year for Infinity War to get it's due when it's epic is concluded. I think I need to see this Black Panther movie. See what all the fuss is about.



This is the year of the PANTHER.

WAKANDA FOREVER!!
 
The Los Angeles Times reports (via a studio spokesperson) that Marvel is going full steam ahead with previous plans to campaign hard for Black Panther. The reason for this unyielding determination, of course, is because Black Panther not only dominated the box office and earned critical acclaim but also aimed for a cultural shift. To that end, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige, who spoke out early in favor of the film’s Oscar potential, told the LA Times that the film is still deserving of the ultimate recognition:
 
“I would like to see the hard work and the effort and the vision and the belief of the talented filmmaker Ryan Coogler, who sat across the table from us a few years ago and said, ‘I have been wrestling with questions about my past and my heritage and I think I really want to tell a story within this movie.’ And that he did it so unbelievably well and with so much impact .. seeing that potentially being recognized is what excites me the most.”

 
 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I thought the Academy was adding a new category this year -- "Most popular movie" or something like that -- and it was meant for superhero movies which they otherwise ignore. They're just too snobby to award any comics-based movie a "best picture" award.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Fuck that. We don't want a biscuit tossed to us. We want the whole Happy Meal. Best picture, not best money making popular picture. They lost me back in 77 when Annie Hall beat Star Wars for best picture but Star Wars got a nomination, a REAL nomination and Black Panther deserves nothing less. And I AM playing the race card from the bottom of my lilly white deck.