Thursday, May 28, 2015

I Like This Story More Than I Should

Is anyone surprised, shocked even to find out that FIFI, the governing body of Soccer, the most popular game in the world, is CORRUPT! My goodness. I had NO idea that there was corruption going on around the 'Beautiful Game'. Like in that classic film.



BITCH PLEASE!

This is the granddaddy of global corruption. This is the mother load. This is where it's done the best and after seeing today's headline, I want to know more. How much is enough to bribe an official. And what are they offering in return? Oh to be the editor of a European tabloid newspaper during a time of such bounty.

Former Corrupt FIFA Executive Had a $6000-Per-Month Apartment For His Cats


First of all, look at the guy. He's freakin' SANTA CLAUSE. How can you blame him for just wanting his kitties to be comfortable? I like his look. He seems like the guy that I would feel good about corrupting with my filthy mafia cash. As FIFA officials go - he's tops on my list if I am looking for someone to corrupt. He looks like he's ready to sell the hair off his face for the right price. Now, if THIS guy can get some corruption cash then I am really not applying myself in life.

I only hope the next reveals get more and more ridiculous. This could be another golden gift to comedy people.

As part of the charges, the Department of Justice released that Chuck Blazer, a FIFA executive from 1996-2013, secretly pled guilty to corruption charges in 2013 and has been working with the Department of Justice as an informant ever since. Blazer was replaced in 2013 after being accused of taking over $15 million from FIFA over the course of his 17 year tenure.
 
The New York Daily News released a report in November that might be even funnier than how truly sad it is. Blazer reportedly used the money to rent out an entire floor of the Trump Tower and devoted one room solely to his cats. That’s right — a FIFA executive was renting a $6,000-per-month New York City apartment for his cats.
 
Here is the report from the New York Daily News:
 
“It’s an unexpected end for Blazer, who operated with high-flying impunity for decades, inhabiting a world of private jets, famous friends, secret island getaways, offshore bank accounts and two Trum Tower apartments with sweeping views of Central Park and the crenellations of The Plaza Hotel.”
 
“CONCACAF’s offices took up the entire 17th floor, but Blazer often worked from two apartments where he lived on the 49th floor in $18,000-per-month digs for himself and an adjoining $6,000 retreat largely for his unruly cats, according to a source.”

 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

If my HRH were still alive, she'd leave me for that Santa dude.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

There are some stories that the Admiral does not get to see. Better for him and his elderly heart. Plus he hates to travel. I censor because I love.