Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Bread Had Enough Good Songs To Make A 'Best Of' Album??

 
I went to look at the records at the CANEX everytime I was there as a teen and each and everytime I saw this album. Only one copy that NO ONE ever bought. You would think there were SOME songs by BREAD which was so memorable that people wouldn't love to have them collected in one place? In all my life I have never heard a song by BREAD, even on the oldies stations. Am I the crazy one here? At this point I refuse to even search out their music because I don't need to find out that in some other nation they are the equivalent to the Beatles. I have no time for the music of BREAD.
  

2 comments:

jester59388 said...

They actually had two "Best of" Albums. And actually they aren't bad if "Adult Contemporary" as a rule doesn't turn your stomach. You probably have heard/know more songs than you think. They don't get a lot of airplay now, but they were played a lot on the radio in the U.S. on the Adult Contemporary stations here in the U.S. in the 70's and 80's for sure. In fact, I think at one time in the 70's "If" was one of the most popular wedding songs.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

NO NO NO..somehow they avoided planting a spot in my brain except for this album cover so I am not fighting that. This is one piece of knowledge I neither want nor need. NO BREAD FOR CAL. So let it be written, so let it be done.