Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Stargirl - Episode 8



This show is getting better and better now that we have met Cindy's father who plays a pretty creepy hooded villain. The kind of old school evil that lives in a basement lair. He threatened to take off his mask and that made Cindy almost shit her pants - something that Cindy would only do if she was terrified of what that meant. Now I can't wait to see what happens when he does remove his mask.



Icicle continues to be a revelation. He is like Magneto. You kinda see his side of things. He is an evil guy but he is right about the polluting chemical companies that he hates with a murderous fury. An actor this good has no business in a superhero show on the CW. I am just glad he was cast.


There is a great scene where Cindy comes over to cheer up our Stargirl and of course doesn't recognize that Courtney is Stargirl even though they both have the same hairstyle. This of course was the same Stargirl that Cindy beat the crap out of just the night before. Meg DeLacy is killing it as Cindy Berman/Shiv.


Then comes the BIG surprise and another cool fight scene. I was thinking today that I want this series to end at episode 13. I don't want a full season or even a second season. I think more episodes means more opportunities to mess up one of my favorite shows in a long time. It's nearly perfect so far. I have high hopes for the last five episodes.

This is goofy superhero television done right.

Who knew?

2 comments:

Chase March said...

Loving these reviews and this series. I haven't enjoyed a TV show this much in a long time!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Thanks. I am enjoying it too.