Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Dark Lurking


This Australian production is just the kind of movie that I like to watch. You take a group of individuals and place them in a situation that they can't possibly survive. For example - a genetic research station on another planet that has gone into lock down because whatever they were experimenting on went ape shit and now have a taste for anything moving.


A group of mercenaries sent down to the station team up with the few lab workers still alive and try to survive long enough to figure out what exactly is going on. I have to tell you that the explanation is pretty much the stupidest I have ever heard in any movie. And I have seen a lot of movies. I am tempted to tell you but I would rob you of the joy of yelling 'bullshit' at the TV if you ever see it pop up one late night.


The monsters are pretty well done as there is plenty of gore to satisfy fans of the genre. For a small budget they do a good job at creating an atmosphere of dread. However the script is really horrific as are the performances. The actors must have been related to the director because it appears they have had NO training.


I could forgive all that if not for that 'explanation'. It's really out of left field - no it's out of the field BEYOND left field. You have seen it all before in much better movies.

1 comment:

Nomad said...

Sounds like Doom.