Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Small Questionnaire


From Samurai Frog via Jaquandor

If you could go back in time and relive one moment, what would it be?

I would go back about three weeks ago and not let Fluffy out the morning he went missing. Like a thousand other times before, he woke me up meowing to let him out around sunrise. I let him out but unlike the thousand other times he didn't come back. Maybe if I had turned over and went back to sleep he would have missed his appointment with destiny and he would still be in my life. How could I have known this would happen to him?

If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?

Maybe I would have tried harder to keep the friends I had in high school and college but I lived too much in the moment and cared more about my career than I did forming the long term bonds that I could really use these days.

I didn't work hard enough to preserve friendships that needed only a little attention on my part. I miss that my old time friends never got to know the person who created this impressive blog that you are reading. I would like to know that they thought my stuff was good enough.

What movie/TV character do you most resemble in personality?

Ricky Gervais or David Letterman. I am sarcastic and snarky but in a funny and not mean way. I am interested in everything around me especially pop culture, politics and talking to people - building conversations and memories on shared interests and experiences. That is what made me such a good teacher. I was a performer first because if you don't have their attention you can't teach them anything.

If you could push one person off a cliff and get away with it, who would it be?

Sarah Palin and Donald Trump. They are two selfish fame whores who bring nothing productive to human civilization. Watch the kind of young adult asshole Sarah's daughter Willow will grow up to be. She is going to be worse than her mother. You can already see how Sarah's parenting style has created an entitled brat. Remember you read it here first when in about 20 years she makes her play for national political office.

Name one habit you want to change in yourself.

I would like to exercise more so that I can enjoy activities more and recover faster when I do push myself too much. For example today my calves are burning from the treadmill walk I took last night. The incline was too much and now every step i take is painful. But I still have to calves of a GOD. Why can't that be what women like the best about a man.

Describe yourself in one word.

Enlightened

Describe the person who named you in this meme in one word.

Well I can use the same word for both Jaquandor and Samurai Frog - CLASS. I have read their stuff and they have read mine for awhile now and I never miss one of their posts. I always gain the most valuable think a person can offer another - FRESH PERSPECTIVE. I also like the way they argue points with FACTS that make their conclusions difficult to challenge.

Why do you blog? (In one sentence)

There is just too much that I see and want to comment on to ever keep that to myself. My head would literally explode.

When I was teaching, that kind of reflection was a huge part of my life. If I wasn't talking 'Pokemon' with some 2nd graders or torture movies like 'SAW' with my high school classes, I was debating with other staff members why 'QUEEN - THE GAME' is that bands worst album even though it was their most commercially successful.

I am so afraid that if I let the moment go without comment or notice that my 'take' on the situation will be lost to the air forever and the world would be denied another little piece of my brilliance. (WHAT AN EGO ON THIS GUY, eh?)

I often go back and re-read a months worth of post because they are so entertaining. I am amazed at how few bad posts are in the lot. I would change virtually NOTHING which is a tremendous feeling of accomplishment.

I just love knowing that I can write about anything I want to and someone, somewhere will read it. If I am really lucky, people who read my stuff will be inspired to comment and here is where we make the connection.

That is what makes blogging so great - I can build around myself a community of like-minded individuals who 'get' me and understand why I find certain things cool. It's very validating. People say that Internet friend are not 'real' but that is just a problem of technology. Meeting in person via transporter or hologram technology is just a future step we haven't taken yet.

6 comments:

Belle said...

I would have loved you as a teacher in high school. You sound like such a blast! It's great that you blog and get your thoughts out there. That is what is fun for me too.

Kal said...

I was a great teacher. I kept them hopin' and bopin' with my breezy style, my sarcasm, my unwillingness to let the bad kids keep the good kids from getting things done and my stories. I once was evaluated by Superintendent who came to observe a class I was teaching about how Cortez conquered the Aztec nation with only a few ships, and about 100 men and their horses. I had to leave the end of the story for the next class because we ran out of time and he actually came back the next day not to re-evaluate me but to find out how the story ended.

Mow said...

Calves of a god? Pictures, or it ain't so. :-)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like to think that Admiral Fluffy was sent on a secret mission by the Intergalactic Cat Council to save the universe. He got his orders and had to slip away in secret without your knowing the details, for your own safety. He's in his spaceship now, pursuing the evil Mice Men of Planet Cheese. Warp speed, Admiral!

Kal said...

Thank you for that Debra. I like to believe you are 100% right in your analysis of the situation. I know all about operational security so OF COURSE he would not be able to tell me or anyone else about his mission. Plausible deniability. It all makes sense now.

Megan said...

I have met some of me bloggaz and every time, it is has been a joy. People who don't blog don't get it. I wish I had more time and more money so I could visit the more far-flung chaps like yourself.

Typical "real-life" conversation:

They: What? You're going to let someone you MET ONLINE INTO YOUR HOUSE?

Me: Yes, yes I am!

(In my head, the conversation continues as a monologue: Holy shit, dude, I know more about them after all these years reading their blogs than I do about you and I've been working with you face-to-face every day for six months. But who knows what YOU do in the dark. I know what my blog friends do, because they blog about it and I do too and we wouldn't still visit each other's blogs after all this time if it turned us off. Sheesh.)

I know, I'm babbling...