Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Mars - Season 2 Begins

I loved the first season of MARS, the story that tries very hard to be scientifically accurate about what it would be like to live on the red planet. A team of astronauts/scientists take on that challenge and their fictionalized story is inter cut with interviews by people who currently are doing the jobs that will be necessary to make the whole operation successful. Elon Musk and experts on ways that Mars can be monetized by extracting it's resources. Science and Business are poor bedfellows because their goals are polar opposite but they need each other. Science needs the money and Business needs the technology. The battle between the two is what the eight episode season 2 is about and episode one was very compelling TV. I don't think I could live on Mars. I am scared of the outdoors but I still need the fresh air and the change in the seasons. I would be the first one to take off his helmet when he wasn't suppose too. That is if I ever get to the planet in the first place after whooshing several of my crew out the nearest airlock. FOR THE GOOD OF THE MISSION.



And for you newbies to this series, you can still watch the six episode season one from 2016. It's pretty cool and educational and scientifically accurate and that makes it even more compelling.



No comments: