Monday, July 26, 2010

Great Movie


You may hate Mathew McConaughey (and I, myself, find little to enjoy in most of his videography) but this one is an overlooked gem. It's the story of two boys who grow up with a father (Bill Paxton who directed this) who believes that God is sending him names on a list that God wants him to kill and bury. The two boys see all this madness happening in front of them and the movie details what happens after they grow up. Powers Booth also stars. It's a powerhouse of a psychological thriller with a spectacular ending. Trust me and add this one to your Netflix queue if you have never seen it.

5 comments:

Lazarus Lupin said...

Fraility is a great movie with a twist that shouldn't really be a twist given our society. Funny that, when you think about it, but I'm not going to lay it out just in case someone here hasn't seen it yet. Definitely watch it. Watch it again even! Most twist films can't stand a second viewing, happily Fraility isn't one of them.

Lazarus Lupin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
art and review

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It's the one movie I bring up when anyone is bashing McConaughey. He deserves to be bashed but not for this film. It's perfectly written, cast and directed.

Pat Tillett said...

What? I've never even heard of this! I'm going to see it in quick order...

Kal said...

I am looking forward to what you think about it, Pat.

Margaret Benbow said...

Yes, somewhere beneath McConaughey's beach party oil is a good actor... thanks for the tip about this movie. He was very good in LONE STAR too, and sadly, I was surprised!