Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Knit Me A Beer And This Set Of Long Johns


When I lived in the far Canadian north I always had to wear long johns during the cold ten months of winter. I really enjoyed walking to school in the cold. I would have loved to have this set so that I could pretend I was secretly a superhero while trying to keep warm. No one would know until the warm days when I would shed my outer layer and reveal the superhero within. These would also be terrific to wear while riding the snowmobile because of the complete covering they offer.

6 comments:

Tempo said...

It's never going to be cold enough to get me into them.

Pearl said...

Do you know what I would give to be with a man who stripped down to batman long johns?! Practicality and good humor. :-) I love it!

Pearl

Kal said...

See, now you GET the magic that is the 'long john' don't you Pearl?

M. D. Jackson said...

Those would have been fabulous! I grew up in the frozen Canadian north. If I'd had those I wouldn't have complained as much as I did about having to wear longjohns.

Kal said...

You hated them when you were inside the school but OH BOY were they great on that walk home. I felt like I was walking on the moon and could stay out in the snow forever.

D.I. Felipe González said...

Now I get it:

Weird kids grow up to be cool guys, like you Boreal Cal.
My respects.