Saturday, June 28, 2014

What's One Bizarre Piece Of Good Advice That You Have Gotten From An Elderly Relative In Your Lifetime?

"Sweat the buns. Always sweat the buns."
 

I just finished making a batch of Sunday cinnamon rolls. It's one of my various gifts as a Renaissance man. As they were coming out of the oven I remembered the words of my Baba. She always told us that before we could eat the buns (be they cinnamon buns or bread rolls) that you had to 'SWEAT" them. That meant keeping them in a plastic bag until they cooled thus preserving the moisture and keeping them from drying out. They taste so much better the next day if they don't crunch. You can heat them up and THEN add the icing sugar to get the perfect treat to go with your Sunday coffee or hot chocolate or my choice, peppermint tea. I told you I was a Dandy.
 
So remember. If you make the buns, you must sweat the buns.
 
 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your Baba was a wise woman, Renaissance Man.

Kal said...

It's how one such as I becomes a Renaissance Man.