Thursday, August 16, 2018

Yeh, She Did MANY, MANY Great Songs But This One Is My Fav




I know that for Aretha this is just a throwaway tune but it got her on my radar as a young man. If she hadn't been one of the staples of the Age of Video I might never have discovered her whole discography. One of my Columbia House selections was Aretha Franklin's greatest hits and that was when I learned that she was the real deal. A voice as large as the woman and her personality. Only Aretha could and control that wonderful instrument. She was a gift to this planet. We will not see her like again.

 


And of course you have to love her performance in the Blues Brothers.

2 comments:

DrGoat said...

Great song. Haven't heard it for ages. What a life, and we all benefited from it. Rest in peace Aretha.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

She is one the Immortals. I used to always ask 'Whose's zooming who?"