Wednesday, March 24, 2010

30 Day Music Challenge - Day 15 - Song That Describes Me

Sometimes I feel that one life is not enough for everything I want to do and see and learn. I read a story once where everyone on the planet was frozen, immortal at the age they are now. I am at an age when that would be perfect for me. Sure in that story there were vampires but they still died with a sharpened stick like always so that didn't bother me.

Everyday I think of people I knew and who I miss now. We all have our regrets. A girl I had a huge crush on in high school found me on 'Facebook' recently. It made me wonder how different my life would have been if I would have just asked her out.

It would have been easy. I was quite the drama diva in high school (and I played football - who knew?) and she was the only one I would let do my makeup because she was the best at it and after all, I deserved the best, right? After all, I was the best actor.

So this song by the 'Eurythics' (17 Again) describes me pretty well. They were one of the first great bands of the video era and this songs brings all of that full circle for all of us. I wish I had children to bore with stories of those times. But such was not my destiny. The song is filled with similar regrets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think about this stuff a lot too. There are so many things that I want to do and see, but I know I'll never have enough time for it all.