Saturday, March 27, 2010

30 Day Music Challenge - Day 17 - Song That You Hear Often On The Radio

'The Killers' are one of those groups who produce songs that are a perfect fit to sing along to in the car. I suspect it's because I can hit all the notes of the lead singer so the fantasy of singing their pop/rock hits in front of thousands of screaming fans is totally achievable in traffic.

Plus their stuff doesn't all sound the same and shows up frequently enough on radio for me to get to know the songs and then want to burn them onto CDs. I am far from my days when I knew every song in the top 40. Last time I checked I knew NONE - that's right - NONE. And I was a 'music' guy once.

I burned out several 'Walkmans' in my day and I still take my headphone purchased very seriously. I GOT JIGGY WITH IT, DAMMIT!!!!!

So my choice for this day of the challenge is "Somebody Told Me" by 'The Killers'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to work in a gym, and The Killers were always on the loop we would play. Their music is pretty good workout music too. :)

California Keys said...

Ha ha.... Your boyfriend looks like a girl....