Saturday, October 23, 2010

Firefly Update - Trash


How incredibly sexy is Christine Hendricks in this? Not only is she adorable but she is also a very good actress. The way she can shift from cold hearted bitch to purring sex kitten is amazing.

I know I would fall for her story in a heartbeat especially if the batter her eyelashes and wore that sundress. Meow. To see someone as hardened as Mal buy into her balloon juice AGAIN was fun to watch. Seems men are helpless to resist her sing-songy voice. It's almost a superpower.

Also she knows which carrot to dangle in front of Mal and his crew. She has a gift for manipulation and lulling one into a false sense of security. That is just great character development.

I would have loved to see a sister to Firefly spin-off staring Christine and an all female crew that she if forced to join. She would have to work extra hard at survival just because her 'charms' work only on men. The women on her new ship just wouldn't stand her crap for a second.

Now is the time I bitch and rant about how unfair it was that this show was cancelled so soon. I hate to do that because it gets old, but unlike any show I have ever seen (and I have it BAD for TV - I would let TV have sex with me and not make it buy dinner for me first) it is the one I would vote to bring back.

I love watching Inara and Mal's relationship. Both are in an impossible position. He can't love her because of what she does and she can't love him because of what he does. Both are too proud to bend enough to let the other in. However, both often make decisions that show how much they are willing to sacrifice for one another. Their love is not WORDS - their love is ACTION.

9 comments:

csmith2884 said...

"She would have to work extra hard at survival just because her 'charms' work only on men."

Says you....I'll be in my bunk.

Lazarus Lupin said...

I'm a big firefly fan where did you find this wonderful picture?

Lazarus Lupin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
art and review

Kal said...

"I'll be in my bunk" is one of the best lines in that show.

Laz, it just showed up on Tumblr and I wet myself. I am a huge fan now as I jeleously horde my last two unseen episodes.

Mercurius Aulicus said...

Why do you repost material from Tumblr on your blog without giving credit?

It did not just "appear" on Tumblr. I found it at The Black Campbell (http://blackcampbell.wordpress.com/2010/10/23/random-web-based-awesome/) and I posted at one of my Tumblrs (http://seductionoftheinnocent.tumblr.com/post/1385544271) and reposted it at another.

You may wish to notice that I credited where I found said picture as is the standard Internet courtesy.

I am sick of coming to this blog and seeing images and even captions taken from my Tumblr or others with all credit removed.

This is the second time that I have mentioned this and I don't like repeating myself.

Mercurius Aulicus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kal said...

Um, Mild, I found it without any credit attatched and 9 times out of 10 I just reblog the images on Tumblr as I find them. Relax, it's not like I am using these image to make money or anything.

Mercurius Aulicus said...

This is the post from your Tumblr - http://caveofcool.tumblr.com/post/1385662084

It contains the name of the Tumblr you blogged it from, the name of the Tumblr I blogged it from (also me), and the name of the source.

So how the hell can you say it was uncredited.

My entire point is that you don't just repost pictures from Tumblr on to your blog without hat-tipping the bloody sources. You hat tip the Tumblr you post from, and possibly the source they reposted from. This is the standard practice.

You especially do this when you are copying captions others have made. If you can copy verbatim what they have written - you should be able to name the Tumblr that you are quoting and make it obvious that you are quoting someone.

You used to do provide hat tips when you reposted pictures but for some reason you have stopped doing this for Tumblrs.

[How fitting that the word verification was scheisse]

Mercurius Aulicus said...

By the way the quoting captions without proper acknowledgement is in reference to other posts on this blog not this one.

Kal said...

Any captions on cat pictures are my own. As for everything else I will be more careful in the future to give credit where it is due.