Saturday, February 26, 2011

Logan's Run Covers From Space 1970








Over at Space 1970 there are many cool things to view from that time in history when movie and TV science fictions were at their goofy best. 'Planet of the Apes', 'Six Million Dollar Man', 'Man From Atlantis', 'Bionic Woman', 'Wonder Woman' and 'Battlestar Galactica'. My favorite among the movies that lead into TV shows was 'Logan's Run'. I loved the movie and was very excited when I saw the TV show based on the same characters.

The comics, movie and TV show came out at about the same time or at least it seemed like they did to me. I so wanted one of those crystals embedded in my hand not fully realizing the consequences of how my life would change when it flashed red. After all, in those days, thinking that I would EVER become 30 was as far away to me as the moon.

In the days before VCRs, this comic series was the greatest way to relive the events of the film. I read this series to death and can probably recite the entire script to you verbatim.

10 comments:

Belle said...

My husband and I watched Logan's Run again a few months ago. We love that movie. I didn't know they made comic books based on the story.

Kal said...

I love how you can watch those science fiction or fantasy movies. My mother can't wrap her mind around then but loves stupid teen sex comedies or shows like 'Married With Children' That Al Bundy is her hero.

Pat Tillett said...

Part of the movie was filmed pretty close to us. Everytime I drive by the building, I think about it...

joe ackerman said...

I love the Logan's Run comic, still, it's my favourite George Perez job, hands down. if you pop into the site, Kal, and scroll down to the Labels, and click on "Logan's Run", you can read the whole thing, again!

Kal said...

Wicked cool. Thanks brother.

Rod Barnett said...

A while back after I got my hands on the entire TV series I went through (another) LOGAN'S RUN phase and finally got all 7 issues of the Marvel comic. I cannot tell you how pissed I am that there were no more issues. I was grooving on the sequel tale so hard! And the TV show, while completely pointless (in more ways than one) had a few episodes that were well worth seeing.

Kal said...

If there is one property that I would like to see be remade or reimagined it would be this one. It's a pretty simple concept that you could really add great CGI too. Just give me a GREAT sexy Jessica - Amanada Seyfriend.

Rod Barnett said...

I'd love to see the novel get made into a film as written but it'll never happen.

Kal said...

What was in the book that didn't make it to the movie, Rod?

Rod Barnett said...

Oh my! Well.... the age at which you died was 21; that limit covers the planet- there is nowhere to hide; there is no Carosel- you turn yourself in for painless death or are hunted down and killed quite painfully; etc. Here's a good FAQ that will give you a better idea

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/rogermw/LogansRun.html#book_movie_diff