Monday, February 21, 2011

Terror Tuesday


I hope I will be able to sleep tonight. I have to see my dentist tomorrow and he is not going to glad to see me. I have put off getting work done for six months but finally I can do that no longer. It's stupid for me to only chew on one side of my mouth when I have the time to get this taken care of.

He is a good dentist but he gives me that 'look'. He tries to soften that by having beautiful hygienists but I still hate to be judged by him. Maybe I am really afraid that the gas will make him look like a polar bear to me and I don't want to freak out in the chair.

From previous experience that never end well. The good thing is that if I DO go out the window he is only on the first floor so I shouldn't hurt myself too badly.

8 comments:

Megan said...

I haven't been to the dentist in forever. I'm in a holding pattern.

Because one day very soon they will call out my number and I will enter a room and I will exit said room with a brand new set of tightie whities and that will be all there is to say about that.

Hey, a girl can dream!

Kal said...

I just have to think about the future when things will be fixed and I will not have this hanging over me. It's just not easy when you are in the middle of the discomfort. I try to avoid discomfort at all costs.

Belle said...

My daughter takes Ativan before she goes to the dentist. She gets very upset and I don't blame her. Dentists always look at their patients with disapproval because no one takes teeth as seriously as they do. I find most of them to be unbearable (dentists, not teeth).

Kal said...

That is so true, Belle. You would think they would have a better sense of humor about their profession. Doctors are the same way. Well my doctor is. Him and his South African tomatoe hating policies.

Pat Tillett said...

Always ask for the "good stuff" before they start! They can hook you up if you are REALLY afraid. If they already know you, the probably won't...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Deep breaths and think of your happy place. I know that involves Michelle Trachtenberg!

Kal said...

Thanks Debra. Good advice. Today I have both Mila, Selena and Michelle on my mind...and they all are wearing superhero t-shirts and boxer shorts while wrestling on the couch and ruining my Star Trek throw pillows. As much as I love them then can be a menace when they get all jealous. I tell them I have enough love to share with all three of them but they don't want to hear that.

Ricky Shambles said...

I get horribly nervy over needles and once my dentist gave me laughing gas. I figured if I breathed in nose, out mouth (basically huffing it), it would work even better. I quickly found myself on the ceiling in a very lucid out-of-body experience.

Last time I needed some minor "soft spot" grinding and I just braced myself without the novocaine. Way better.

But not as good as your happy place.