Saturday, March 26, 2011

Did I Just See Who I Thought I Saw?


Eve Myles was in 'The Unquiet Dead' as Gwenyth, the girl with 'special sight'. What a sweet 'Torchwood' reminder. Myles played Gwen in 'Torchwood' of course. I wonder if there is a relationship between the two characters?

Of course the story is set in Cardiff Wales where the 'Rift' is located. Cardiff is also where the 'Hub' is and the setting for 'Torchwood'. I do loves me some continuity like this. Is 'Dr Who' known for this or is the show a nightmare of continuity?

Simon Callow is one of my favorite actors and is perfect as the skeptical Charles Dickens.

I really enjoy how the Doctor and Rose try to explain to locals various future concepts or when the Doctor and Rose argue the morality of the situation they find themselves in. She is a real conscience.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I think there's an episode of Torchwood where she's asked if her family has been in Wales for a long time, insinuating that at the very least, they're related.

mercurius said...

At the end of Series 4, the Tenth Doctor meets her over video-call and recognizes the resemblance, surmising that they were distant relatives.

Nick Ward said...

What they said. Oh Kal you're entering a world of timey wimey stuff...

M. D. Jackson said...

I don't know how far you are into season 1 but keep an eye out for Toshiko in an upcoming episode.