Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Rest In Peace, My Brother

 
I don't have any real life friends. All my friends are digital and that is deliberate. I thought that constructing my life that way would save me from the heartache of losing someone I care about. I guess no one can avoid death but hearing that Brother Allen had passed on last night really hit me hard. He was a good guy whose weekly blog post of the best GOODSTUFF that all men like was one of my favorite sites. He always chose to highlight one of my redhead or cosplay posts and every week I would return to see if I made the cut. Of course I did because Allen saw something of value in my Cave of Cool and was happy to bring my stuff to a larger world. I will miss him. At least his blog will be around forever so I can always enjoy his Goodstuff.
 

 

7 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Sorry on the loss of your friend. Digital or real-world, a friend is still a friend.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

True enough. All my digital friends are like minded travellers and it's always sad when I lose one of my tribe.

Tim Knight said...

But... but... he just tagged on Facebook the other day. I know his blog had been dormant for about a month, but there was no indication of any other issues. This is awful news. A bright light has gone out of our community.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Yeh I felt the same way. I felt the love and validation to be included in his weekly tribute to all that GOODSTUFF. Life just sucks sometimes and this is one of those times.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My condolences, Cal. It's always hard to lose a friend, digital or otherwise.

DrGoat said...

Same here Cal. A friend is indeed a friend, no matter where they are.
I checked his blog occasionally and he seemed like a decent guy. So sorry.

j-swin said...

I was wondering why he wasn't posting lately. Very sad, he'll be missed.