Monday, August 13, 2018

I Need To Rant Here


I didn't do this to make myself rich. The money means nothing to me. I have a big collectiona and needed to be dealth with. I decided early on that I wanted to make sure that a good box of the character the kids know had to go to Ronald McDonald House. I also wanted to give back for all the joy these books brought me as a kid and as an adult. Many, many times they were my salvation after a hard day. I wanted other little kids and their Dads or Moms to be able to get a nice stack and NOT have to pay the 6 dollars that a SINGLE issue goes for these days. Kids no longer want to read comics because of other more electronic distractions. If I could stear them away from their devices for a few moments and get them outside, under a tree, reading about Wolverine's adventures then that is a good thing. I wanted them to be able to get a Hulk book if the movies turned them into a big fan of the HULK for basically want I paid for them when I was their age. Put a low price on them but a price because nothing that is given away freely has any value. I have THOUSANDS of comics that I could get graded and sell online. Those profits would finance REVOLUTIONS in many a Third World Nation but I have neither the time, nor the patience nor the interest in complicatig my life and losing my precious time by becoming an online businessman at the whim of asshole company's like Ebay. I will NOT deal with the vultures. Maybe five years from now my attitude will chance and my GEMS will only be five times more valuable. I am an expert in comic books. I know their value. I know what issues are gold and which are not. I could blow smoke so far up your ass that you would sell your pets to buy scrubs. But then I would have to live with myself. The interations and moments I have had with kids and the conversations I have had with comic book lovers is worth ten times the pennies I could make. But I have to admit. The online inquiries are working my last nerve. Remember this is coming from people who ask the same questions over and over again but have not gotten off their ass to come see what I got. In fact they should be messaging me DAILY if they are interested because new stock goes out each day and at the end of the summer the sale will be over and next summer the price will be $2 a book and I will only do that to soothe the beast that has been awaken in me by those who ask THESE QUESTIONS...

"How many do you have?"

LOOK AT THE FUCKING PICTURE. DOES THAT LOOK LIKE A LOT OF COMICS? DO YOU EXPECT ME TO COUNT THEM ALL AS I PUT THEM OUT FOR SALE? OKAY, I HAVE TEN COMICS BOOKS. ONLY TEN FOR SALE TO YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE A DUMBASS

"Do you have any Spider-Man (always repeated just with a different popular character's name like Thor, or the Avengers or Iron Man)?"

YES, I AM A FUCKING COMIC BOOK COLLECTOR. I HAVE ISSUES OF THE MOST POPULAR CHARACTERS OF ALL TIME! I HAVE THOUSANDS OF THEM. DO YOU NOT THINK IN THAT CASE IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE TO NOT HAVE THE MOST POPULAR CHARACTERS OUT THERE?

"They are only a dollar a piece?"

YES. THAT IS WHAT IS WRITTEN THERE.

"Are they really only a dollar a piece or only some of them?

YES, THAT IS WHAT IS WRITTEN THERE. NO BAIT AND SWITCH.

"I bet they are mostly in crappy conditon."

BULLSHIT. I TOOK CARE OF MY BOOKS WITH LOVE. THEY ARE ALL, REGARDLESS OF CHARACTER OR COMPANY IN NEAR MINT CONDITION. I WOULD NOT EMBARRASS MYSELF OR YOU BY PUTTING OUT JUNK.

"Are they really only a dollar a piece?"

 

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You should prepare a standard FAQs message that you can just automatically send to all inquiries, one size fits all. It might make your life easier!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

But what fun with that be? This way I get to bitch and write a kick ass post.

j-swin said...

Fucking jackals...

DrGoat said...

Dealing with the public will cause insanity. The mind cannot take deal with so much stupidity in so many different ways.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

90% of them are great but that 10% needs to be buried in the yard. I cannot deal with costumers. Students I can punish at will.

csmith2884 said...

Humans, why I love my dog. Messages from ads is always problematic.