Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Amy Jo

I was reading over at Topless Robot an article about all the side effects of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers that craptastic Japanese program we all enjoyed even though you might not admit it. I was teaching at a school and during the Kindergarten Graduation they read out these fun facts about each kid as they got their 'diplomas' and TO A KID they all wanted to be a Power Ranger when they grew up. THAT is influence amoung a certain non-voting and penniless demographic. (On another note the same article mentioned that kitties died during the filming of Milo and Otis to which I say WTF? I love that movie - but I digress.) Clearly the appeal of the first round of Power Rangers was due in no small part to the love I had for Kimberly the FIRST, BEST and ONLY Pink Ranger played by Amy Jo Johnson who can be seen these days on the excellent Canadian produced drama FLASHPOINT (see I had a Canadian related reason for this post - bitches) Gots me some mad love for Amy Jo. She can call me anytime - collect. And seriously, dead kitties on Milo and Otis???? WTF????










4 comments:

Darius Whiteplume said...

I was a bit old for the Power Rangers when it came out, but must admit to having watched it a bit. The rubber suit monsters reminded me of Space Giants, which I loved.

I worked in a toy shop the first Giftmas the action figures came out. Man... That was torture.

Wings1295 said...

I was too old to watch it, too. But I did. And she was the best of them all. She is what I think of when I think of "the girl next door".

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I never watched that show but I'm in love with her.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Monkey - how can someone so wrong about Fifth Element be so right about Amy Jo...those things just confuse the hell out of me.