Tuesday, February 23, 2010

First Poster Ever


Remember when you were allowed to design your own room with those fantastic black light posters and pictures of that girl in your class who never talked to you but whose sheet of school pictures you had because you had a wicked crush on her? I guess the teacher shouldn't have asked me to go to the office and pick them up. Strange how her pictures went missing and she had to do retakes. Sorry Denise.

Anyways, I remember waiting all week to go to town to find this poster at K-mart. It was the last one in that little poster cubicle below the poster display and was the best representation of the movie that came out. How perfect and iconic.

http://eclecticbanana.tumblr.com/

8 comments:

Wings1295 said...

I had a Lynda Carter poster.

Brian Busby said...

Were Carrie Fisher's gams ever so delicious?

My first poster was of Mick Jagger - some concert shot taken during the '72 STP Tour - replaced a couple of years later by a very young, very dreamy Kate Bush.

Will said...

I still have mine, won it at Coney Island back in 1979.

Ally said...

I had a Kirk Cameron poster. Sorry trying to fit in but appear to be the only girl here at the moment. Ha ha!

Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

The Man-Cave said...

A few years back, my parents showed me old pictures of my old bedroom from when I was about 4 years old. That poster (slight different variation and def not a blacklight one, as cool as that may be) was in there. And that "famous" poster of Farrah Fawcett. Yeah I know what you're thinking and that's what I thought too.

Megan said...

Never had that one. But oh, I wanted it!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

megan - email me a current pic...batgirl costume permitted.

Drake said...

I wasn't much into posters but i had a lot of National Geographic maps on the wall.
But i did succumb to a Debbie Harry poster.. *sigh*