Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Wondered Today If I Would Ever Meet Someone From My Blog In Real Life



I was thinking today about how cool it would be to connect the face to the voice or to the batshit crazy opinions that I love and read about every day on my blog. Does stuff like that every really happen in this world? Or am I being some Red Deer freak? We could meet somewhere for golf or to gobble cheep Canadian meats or to search for beenie babies or action figures at some swap meet. I am sure some womem commenters have slutty sisters or cousins to bring along. Huh? What do you all think?

Seriously - if you live in Central Alberta, I woud love to hear from you.. Please.


10 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

Alberta? Ontario is the money Province.

Unknown said...

one day i do plan to visit alberta (eff hawaii). when i do, i'll let cha know. wodka all around!

Booksteve said...

Don't know about from my blog but I am meeting Facebook friend Leslie for the first time this evening to take some pics! Does that count?

Wings1295 said...

The only online 'friend' I have met is the one who became my Mrs., lo those many years ago. And I would say that went well.

DrGoat said...

That third pic reminds me of the time my wife met me.
I'd love to come up there. I'd have to be in the summer, cause 45 degress is considered freezing down here in Tucson.

ST3 said...

Does Calgary count?

Megan said...

Got to get my passport renewed first. Oh, and find the fare...

I've met 4 bloggers so far and every time it has been great. I highly recommend the experience, if you get the chance.

Of course, it helps to be living in Los Angeles. They all were coming here for one reason or another, so we could fit our meetings into their schedules...

Drake said...

I've met over a dozen online friends, one was Shag from "Once Upon A Geek" blog but that was ages and he's probably forgotten that.
Another one is the lady i'm trying to make "Mrs. Drake".

I used to have these get togethers called "DrakeVisions" (because i never got to Visions, the Doctor Who con in Chicago, so my friends came here.)

Jeremy H. said...

met a few people blogging, and i never left the house. who needs real friends with all the voices, i am never alone...

cal, you are one of those friends!
jeremy

Margaret Benbow said...

I bet there is some juicy cephalopod minx out there patiently waiting for you to realize you have a thang for her species, even though you are Mr. Denial.....