Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Ricky Gervais Show


I like the comedic stylings of Ricky Gervais very much. It's the crazy British humor and his laugh which is huge. For awhile now he has been doing an Internet podcast with Stephen Merchant and an actual living caveman named Karl Pilkington.

Ricky and Stephen bring up topics and Karl responds in his unique style. Karl is an idiot but just might be an idiot 'savant'. The other two riff on Karl who doesn't seem the least bit aware that he is being made fun of. I would object if I wasn't laughing along with them. Karl just might be in on the big joke but I don't care. It's a good bit that like the Mel Brookes/Carl Reiner sketch, 'The 1000 Year Old Man'. is always a funny piece of improv.

HBO has animated their discussions and added funny little cartoons (I suspect just in case Americans can't get the jokes). I prefer it when it's just the three of them sitting around and talking.

5 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

Pilkington cracks me up. Sometimes I feel sorry for him in between laughs, when they're really crackin' on him.

I don't doubt the cartoons are for the Americans who don't get it or can't understand what they're saying. I know they did the same thing with American comics awhile back, and I thought it was stupid.

But hey whatever sells this country on the brilliance of those three is worth it to me.

DrGoat said...

Well Cal, when you're in the business of raising generations of know-nothing ignorants, you need to spell everything out. Take Utah. They just passed a bill in the state legislature that basically sez, that global warming is a questionable science that should not be believed. They are also trying to put a bill through that would eliminate the requirement for 12th grade. Backward, into the future we go.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

That's the way to protect America from invasion forever - make everyone too stupid to attract any enemies. The same way you can't make fun of the retards these days (because they don't know no better) will continue in the future only with the replacement of 'Americans' for 'retards'. And I love my 'merican brothers and sisters.

Pearl said...

As an American, I was about to be quite insulted when I was distracted by something shiny. Next thing you know someone's offering me large amounts of salty and/or sugary foods and -- wait. What was I going to say?

Pearl

p.s. I can be crossing the border in about eight hours, so don't make me come up there!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Pearl you know I don't mean you. You can chew gum and talk at the same time.