Tuesday, March 23, 2010

30 Day Music Challenge - Day 13 - Song That Is A Guilthy Pleasure

What exactly is a 'guilty pleasure'? Well it's a song you feel guilty about liking because if your buddies ever felt they needed something to rib you about they didn't have to look far. For me it was 'We Built This City' by 'Jefferson Starship' My buddy in Universtiy caught me rockin' out to this tune and every time we went out he would make sure that everyone knew that 'Calvin knows were to go, he built this city after all.' or would say 'What did you build this city with, Calvin?" It will never go away but I still do love this song. The video is pure eighties kitsch too.

6 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

You never cease to make me smile.

Megan said...

The city that rocks, the city that never stops!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Omg we are from that same dark time in music. We saw it all, we did it all. Damn punks today will never understand.

Leviathud said...

Great song! You should tell your buddy, "We also built this city on the corpses of people like you!" and then push him infront of a truck.

California Keys said...

One of the best songs ever! But I like all things bad.... I get made fun of. A lot.

vancouver mark said...

So deeply lame that it almost approaches cool from the other side.
But not quite - - -