Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Goosebumps


I make no secret for my love of 'Fringe'. The cast is pitch perfect and I finally can forgive Joshua Jackson for the work he did on 'Dawson's Bleak Creek'. John Noble is unforgettable and Ana Torv is right up next to Milla Jovovich in the 'kick-ass female action hero' department.

This season has been great with Olivia finding herself trapped in the other dimension and forced to find a way to get herself home. Along the way she builds allies on the other side (chief amoung them the AWESOME Lance Reddick as Agent Broyles) and foils the dangerous schemes of 'Walternate' (John Noble).


If you have no idea what I am talking about then you are missing out AGAIN on one of he truly great genre shows to ever be on TV. It's so good that I am nervous that FOX will cancel it this year.

If any show is an example of the 'new' way that people watch TV it's this one. It may lose to other shows by old fashioned network TV watchers but it is number one with those who DVR or download episodes from the net. These Internet savvy viewers prefer this program without commercials and it gets more repeat viewing than any other program by a wide margin. It argues for the need for a new way to evaluate viewership of TV and that re-evaluation may be the only thing that saves it.


Check out the epic trailer for this week's episode. I peed my pants just a little from all the 'squeeeeee' it generated inside me.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Looks great!!! I cannot wait! :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Anonymous said...

I want to thank you for practically writing off Josh just because he was on Dawson's creek while praising John and Anna.

Kal said...

No No No, I meant that he redeemed himself in my eyes. He is Peter Bishop now and no longer do I want to hit him with a shovel in the head while repeating "Pacey Pacey Pacey" over and over again. I hope I made it clear that I think he is pretty terrific on this show.

Laura said...

I cannot stand Olivia! To me, she's the weak link in the show. Especially with the dual character storyline. Blah!
I LOVE Joshua Jackson and everyone else though.

I don't know. She's just one of those characters that I love to hate. It gives me something to bitch about while I'm watching.... ;p

((Hugs))
Laura

Kal said...

But but...she's 'livia??? Me love her. It's the bangs right? Women hate women with nice bangs.