Monday, November 22, 2010

Two From Tumblr

My tumblr is about beauty in all its forms - beauty in art or in nature. I particularly admire creative people who aren't afraid to push the envelop.


Some of my best images are ones that are transient and will eventually die out (like this snowbound trail) We photograph them so that they can exist outside our memories for as long as the image lasts.


Others, like these children's festival clothing from Nepal, celebrate the ancestry and wisdom of their elders. These outfits may pass through several generations of one family who wear them to maintain and strengthen their traditions. They have more of a permanence to them.

5 comments:

Tempo said...

Love that top pic..looks so serene. One of those pics where youd just love to be there

M. D. Jackson said...

I've been there (or somewhere much like it). It has a serene and quiet beauty which few can appreciate, but wear a warm coat because it is also hellishly cold!

The Invisible Seductress said...

Boy is that ever a pretty scene!!

Magic is hidden somewhere in those crystal snowflakes.

Baby Sister said...

Love those pictures. Especially the snow. I loves me some snow!!

Pat Tillett said...

beautiful!!!
Masks scare me...