Monday, August 24, 2015

30 Second Toy Stories By Kal

 
 
I remember the Christmas that my sister got this styling head. She also recieved a Bionic Woman doll. I got a ton of great stuff too that Christmas but I was obsessed with trading her for both of these. Why the Styling Boutique? Who knew? I didn't know the first thing about make-up or hair styling. I just remember wanting it and the Bionic Woman doll. She struck a hard bargain.
 
 
I had to give up my Poppin' Fresh family. Took me three Christmases to collect them all. I loved how they smelled. PVC is the smell of the GODS. Again...WHY? But she went for it and I had a Styling Boutique that I never opened.
 
 
Today I saw how great the head could look it down up proper.
Now that is Linsay Wagner.

 
 

8 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

Our fond memories of some of our toys are the best of our childhood memories... thanks for sharing your tale...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I have great toys throughout my life. I have great stories about most of them. Well great to me. No one cares or gets it like me most time.

Dr. Theda said...

as a life-long collector of Toys... we know exactly "where you are coming from" , my Friend...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Did you miss your calling as a hair stylist? You do seem to love those large styling dolls heads.

DrGoat said...

Pretty hard to get a complete collection of Poppin Fresh figures.
A shame you they're not still in your possession. I've still got
a pretty good selection of my toys from the 50s-60s. My best one
is my Robert the Robot I got when I was about 5. These things
define what we become. You have a very rich history. Great toys.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I would love to see more pics of your stuff Dr. G. You must have some amazing treasure aside from the ones I have already seen.

I love the styling heads. My monster high one is so great. Bubble cover and it glows in the dark just like me.

Dr. Theda said...

Good Sir Kal, Whatever in this "Miserable World" brings you "happiness" is "Good"...
Never forget that....!!!

Wings1295 said...

Fun memories. I remember holding a hair dryer up to one of my sister's Barbie doll heads and watching in horror as the hair shriveled up to the scalp. Can't really undo a mistake like that! ;)