Sunday, August 30, 2015

Image Blast From The Toy Box Of Dreams


 
The glow in the dark Captain Kidd figure from the Fighting Furies Line. I would keep mine in the light in my bedroom for years so that he could charge up during the day and glow all night.

 
Original GI JOE box art was the best.


 
Mego as they are meant to be displayed.
Look at the boxed figures in the back. Just killing me.
 
 
Any toy that can convert to many other toys is always a winner.


 
If I had access to US flea markets and toy sales I would hunt down all the Bionic Family and haggle like a Bedouin in the marketplace of Constantinople.
 


 
These three are tough to find but I would love to have them in package. Not a fan of figures that size but you can never go wrong with these Western heroes and their horses.

 
Arim Zola. Have I mentioned how much I want this build a figure. That fact makes it impossible to find complete at a decent human price. I would love him and give him a good home.




 
I wish I could find a nice vintage gun belt from the Golden Age of these toy guns. It would have to be a two gun rig however because I always wear a fancy two gun rig.
 
 
 

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My older brother had a nice toy pistol and holster set. White vinyl holsters trimmed with silver and red "rubies" and two silver guns. They were probably Roy Rogers knockoffs or something. My brother was a kid during the 1950s, peak cowboy mythology era.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

OOOO I like the rubies.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So did I. When I could sneak them away from my brother, I'd wear the holster set along with my cowboy hat. I had a couple of ride-em horsies that my Dad had made too.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I had that toy horse you could ride when you were a toddler and then one when I got bigger with bed springs to hold it up.

DrGoat said...

I was a kid in the 50s too. Had a nice set of Mattel Fanner 50s,
with a whole bunch of Greenie Stick-um caps. I guess if I
had to be the architect of my heaven, it would be eternally 6 years
old, running around the neighborhood with my Cap guns and
Rifleman rifle.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I always wanted one of those half rifles from Wanted Dead or Alive. Steve McQueen was the coolest. Caps were the best. I loved that smell.