Monday, August 24, 2015

Marvel Cosplay Variant Covers

I like this idea. I wish Marvel would have consulted me about who to put on the cover. They really missed out by not using Riddle's Wasp cosplay or other costumes of these characters that I have seen.


















 
If I was a cosplayer I would love to have my picture put on one of these covers for framing. But to use these as an alternative cover for October seems like a missed opportunity for Marvel. I don't mind these static pictures and the cosplayers are talented by they should have combined digital effects to create a move dynamic cover.
 
Example.
 







 

4 comments:

j-swin said...

I agree,it's an interesting idea and the costumes are well made but they just look so boring standing there.

jester59388 said...

Couldn't agree more! A fantastic idea that was poorly implemented. Maybe they will do it again and get it right next time.

Rob R said...

I'm going to have nightmares from this version of Daredevil...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

This is a great idea to sell to cosplayers at a convention but for the cover of a monthly comic, even a variant cover, it's week. Mistep for Marvel. Then DC puts out great LOONEY TUNES mash-up with their properties and it's a winner.