Monday, November 1, 2010

Captain Action




According to the great site, TOY HAVEN, there is going to be a new release of figures and outfits from the 'Captain Action' brand. I so wish I could have had the 1960 originals of those toys but they are really expensive to buy in mint and boxed condition.

About a decade ago, 'Playing Mantis' released a whole new set of 'Captain Action', his alien hippie foe 'Dr Evil' (who didn't spend eight years in evil medical school to be called MISTER EVIL). and sidekick, 'Action Boy'. They also released the outfits that allowed Captain action to take on the identity of famous characters like 'The Phantom', 'Green Hornet', 'Kato', 'The Lone Ranger', and 'Tonto'. I have all of those in my collection.

The following photos (from the Toy Haven site) show the new box design for 'Captain Action' and the 'Spider-Man' outfit that allows C.A. to become the webcrawler. I will be all over these again. I just love the concept and the outfits so much.

If you want to know more about these figures, go read the write-up Alex has done at his site. He has a truly great collection, maybe one of the world's best and takes fantastic photos of everything once he acquires a new piece. It's a site I just love to go over for hours.






2 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Wow Cool! The all-purpose superhero!

Kal said...

That was the idea. The original set had Superman, Batman, Robin, Spiderman and Captain America. I hope the new set goes with the superhero costumes and masks as well.