Monday, May 9, 2011

Gorgeous Action Figure






Once again Sam over at 'Toy Haven' uses his great photography skills to highlight another figure from his massive collection. This time it's this beautiful Abigail Whistler (Blade III) 12-inch action figure. These top of the line figures are expensive but the detail put into them is worth the cost. You instantly recognize the actress (Jessica Biel) who played the part in the latest 'Blade' movie. It's figures like this that make me happy to live in the golden age of action figures.

2 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Oh... yeah!

It's a bit of a double edged sword, though. We live in a time where action figures can have this level of detail and quality, but there's very few who could reasonably expect to own one of these, or seriously collect them.

When I was a kid I had boxes full of action figures from the Mego figures to GI Joes. It would be the rare (and undoubtedly spoiled) kid who would expect this to show up in his stocking on Christmas morning.

Kal said...

I think that the high end figures for adult collectors fuels the creation of the lower end industry for kids who are the biggest consumers of action figures. I am glad I have both to choose from. I couldn't start collecting the expensive ones because I would feel like I needed to have them all. It's similar thinking that goes into my limiting my collection to figures that are bigger than 3 3/4 inches. I have no Star Wars or GI Joes or the new Marvel Universe because they are just too small to enjoy. Not that I take them out of the package anymore but you get my point.