Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Meme


Thanks to Pk Hrezo for the subject of today's meme.

If you could go back in time and relive one moment, what would it be?

It sounds petty but I would leave Denise in the kitchen job that I found her in. I wouldn't have moved her to Edmonton and encouraged her to go into museum studies at the University of Alberta. I wouldn't have set up a job for her in the Inuit Art Museum in Iqaluit so that she could become an expert in the field of Inuit carvings and become the museum curator she always wanted to be. I made her dream come true and in return she crushed my dream to marry her because she thought she could find someone better than me.

If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?

I would make sure that the boxes from my room received special care and labelling when we moved back to Canada after five years of living in Europe. All my treasures were lost when those boxes were lost and I haven't gotten over the pain to this day. Everything I owned from birth to age 12 can never be replaced.

I would also have liked to have gone fishing with my father one last time before he died. Everyone was telling me he was too weak to go and I let them bully me. Going to the lake that day wouldn't have made him die any faster and I should have stood up to the lot of them and took him anyways.

What movie/TV character do you most resemble in personality?

Which character is essentially a loner with very few friends either online or in the real world. Who do others ignore for months because they think that this person don't need anyone because he doesn't tell people how lonely he is? What character is known for his sharp wit, imagination, story telling abilities and dependability as a supportive friend Friend? Which character has a hole so deep in his heart that nothing can ever really fill it? Those are the character traits. I just can't think of a name to match those traits up with.

If you could push one person off a cliff and get away with it, who would it be?

Donald Trump is totally working my last nerve right now. I suspect that the thing on his head is the actual creature and the rest of Trump is strictly there for life support. He is a bully and a dangerous doofus who is only making things worse

Name one habit you want to change in yourself:

I wish that I didn't drink so deeply from the well of my bitterness. I wish I had some friends to hang out with in the real world. I would love to have something big to look forward too and not just find myself counting out days with no endgame in sight. I feel some days that I live in the most comfortable prison ever build.

Describe yourself in one word:

Creative

Describe the person who named you in this meme in one word:

Interesting and Brave

Why do you blog?:

I blog to share cool things I have found on my net travels. I like to discuss things that I find interesting with like minded travelers. I enjoy reading the chronicles of others whose experiences have something to teach me. I love getting validation from others who truly love what I love and connect with me in a strong way. The worse thing is that all my Internet friends live so far away so I only can interact with them online. Such loneliness is the price you pay for blogging. I enjoy telling stories of my life adventures because then I am reminded that if I did those cool things at one time, I can certainly do them again without fear.

8 comments:

Daisy said...

I would hang out with you in the real world if I didn't live a squillion miles away!

PK HREZO said...

I almost said creative for my one word. You know you have the coolest looking blog I've seen yet... have I told you that already? WHo designed it anyway? Hook a sister up.
But man, my heart sunk when I read the part about your stuff being lost on your move to CA. UGH! I'd be heart broken for sure. I think about that kind of thing all the time--if my personal valuables were destroyed in a fire or something. ANd then I think, but I own them, not the other way around.
I say toss the bitterness aside and enjoy life for what you can. We all have things to be bitter about but nothing gets solved by giving into it. Be free, man. ;)
And right on with the Trump over the cliff comment. I couldn't agree more. Can't stand the guy. God help us if he makes it to president of the US.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and linking up! :)

DrGoat said...

I would definitely hang out with you, any time. Day or night.
I have a similar story before my Mom passed away. You can't think about those things too long, it hurts.
I'll throw Rush Limbaugh off the cliff, you throw Donald and we'll see who bounces the highest.
So sorry to hear about the childhood stuff that was lost. Damn.

M. D. Jackson said...

You know if we were in the same town I'd be over at your house every day. You'd get sick of me and end up having to kick me out. (I imagine you throwing on your Thor helmet, pointing you hammer at me and shouting "You are banished!")

Belle said...

When I read about your girlfriend my heart sank and I thought, "Lord Jesus." God, that must have been devasting.

I thought of a TV person you remind me of in what you said: Superman. He only had a few friends, he had a hole of lonliness inside and was a good friend to others.

I agree about The Donald, I would choose Dick Cheney. Oh heck, the whole Republican party.

Bitterness. Yeah, I understand it. Something to look forward to. I get that too. All I have to look forward to is reading blogs. Life has lost it's shine for me. Lots of times I think of a quote, "The light has gone out of my eyes." All I can think to tell you is read some positive psychology books on how to think differently. I'm not so much bitter any more as broken. But not all the time :)

Precious Kal. You are loved by your friends here.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You know what I say in my mind to all my ex-girlfriends? "Your loss, toots!"

Kal said...

Thanks for all that support people. You are truly the good ones. I appreciate everything positive that you had to say to me and I thank you for not thinking poorly of me for venting.

Sarah said...

We all need to vent at times Kal.

Keep working on that teleporter and all will come well in time.