Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer Is Cherries, Cherries Are Summer


I swear I could eat a bucket of these things everyday. They are my favorite fruit. The taste and tecture and color can't be beaten. I also like how they gently clean out my digestive track.

In the winter I have to get by with cherrie filled snacks like 'Hostess Fruit Pies', cherry 'Life Savers' or even cherry flavored lip gloss. But every summer I am drawn to the roadside sellers like a moth to a flame. You would think that some South American country would find a way to grow and export this food to Canada to make our beloved winter that much better but that is not the case. So enjoy cherry season while it lasts folks.

4 comments:

Tempo said...

We only get cherries close to Christmas and then they are SO expensive.. nearly $20.00 a kilo ($10.00 a pound) Dont sound much...but theyre mostly seed

Kal said...

That is just a crime. First you live in a world where everything that swims, walks or crawls can kill you and you can't even enjoy a nice cherry feed? Well there is something wrong with that.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, I noticed on the weekend that the BC cherries roadside vendors had set up their gypsy camps again! Woo hoo! I love cherries too but Cal, TMI re your digestive tract.

Cora said...

Wait. What? You guys can't get cherries in the winter? That's a crime. Someone ought to do something about that.