Monday, January 25, 2010

Oh Asylum - You DO Love Me

One day the behind the scene story of this craptastic movie making machine will be told and I for one will be first in line to read it. Only 'SyFy' loves me this much that they keep putting out these great cheesy features. Who needs dignity when you have a vision? I enjoy these movies more than most of the crap the so-called 'mainstream' studios crank out these days. Only 'Pixar' actually understands that above all, movies should be FUN. But what do I know? Apparently Sarah Jessica Parker and Hugh Grant are 'romcom' GOLD. UGH!

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

They are out there for fun, aren't they? Well, and profit, I am sure, but they aren't "beholden" to any one, it seems.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

They remind me of those filmmakers from 'Troma Films' who made the 'Toxic Avenger' and 'Sgt Kabuki' movies in the dawn of the video age. Success and profit were not their primary motivation. I admire Russ Meyers and Roger Corman for the same reasons. Well Rush Meyers was the first director who made the young Calvin say, "Hey, did you notice something similar about all these actresses?" It was like finding Halloween candy in Febuary.