Monday, January 25, 2010

Superman Forever

I have been lovin me some Superman the past couple of days watching the fantastic Justice League and Justice League Unlimited series. They have some many great moments but THIS fight is my favorite. People like to say that Lex Luthor is Superman's greatest villain but that isn't true. Like the Joker and Batman, Lex lives to prove he is better than some alien who thinks he is a god. With Superman dead he loses that opportunity.

Superman's TRUE nemesis is Darkseid. They are a match for each other physically and Darkseid is like Superman's evil twin - who Superman fears he could become if he let his power be corrupted. Superman is also the ONLY being that Darkseid fears.

Enjoy this clip. Its okay to squeal with delight like a little girl. I know I do every time Superman really cuts loose. I also included another one of their great battles from the last episode of the animated 'Adventures of Superman.' Both are fantastic examples of great animation.



3 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

I know I'm probably in a minority of one here, but to me my favorite Superman enemy, and my favorite comic book character period, is Ambush Bug.

Any character that would steal Superman's cape under the belief it was what allowed him to fly, and then test his theory by tying it around a chicken and then throwing it off a skyscraper... clearly he can't be topped.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Well I really can't argue with you because where the 'Bug' is concerned all arguements are invalid.

Wings1295 said...

I am just glad shows like this aired. And the current Batman show, as well. We need things to appeal to the little kids so comics & their heroes have a future fanbase!