Sunday, July 26, 2015

After All These Years This Still Doesn't Look Safe

 
I always hated this game. We all heard the story of the kid who caught a dart in the eye that pierced his brain. Only it didn't kill him but he was never really ever the same. He was considered 'squirrelly' by family members. He like to make dioramas from left over KFC chicken bones. Wonder whatever became of him.
 
We would put on safety glasses and throw a dart board dart into the air and run from it on the lawn between the houses. At times we would get stuck. It was a terror but what a rush. Especially when you fall and lie flat and get the dart stick into your shoulder muscle. I screamed like a little girl. I would be no good in combat. One boo boo and my operational effectiveness would be done.

5 comments:

j-swin said...

Are you kidding me?!?! I'd give almost anything for an old set like that instead of these namby pamby "safe" versions today.

j-swin said...

Ps, thought you may like this:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/new-monsterhigh-deadluxe-high-school-playset-now-available-at-walmart/

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

That is a sweet looking set. I will check that out. Thanks for thinking of me.

j-swin said...

You got it, bro.

Dr. Theda said...

We were "deadly accurate" with these things as a kid... could even stick it it a small tree from a distance... can throw it (by holding the back)... or just throw it like a "Dart"... ( just take into account the "lag" from its weighted tip...)