Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Novelist E.L. Doctorow Dead At 84

 
Ragtime was one of my favorite books of all time, one that my father originally got me interested in. I was just getting into novels and I remember reading The Godfather by Mario Puzo at about the same time. We enjoyed going to see the movie, Ragtime, when it was released but it wasn't until The Hunt For Red October that we both would share another good book and movie together. My father always insured that we had a house FULL of books growing up. In fact we always knew to take Dad to the store with us because he would always buy any books or comics we ever asked for.
 

2 comments:

Chase March said...

Hi Kal,

It's cool to see that you and your dad shared a love of reading. My dad and I read a lot of Star Trek books. He even shared with me a really cool trilogy just before he died. I still miss him every day.

DrGoat said...

Always a loss when a good literary person passes on.
Great story teller.