Monday, December 28, 2009

Song of the Decade

I was struggling with this topic all month until I saw someone else mention this song. It's a no-brainer. This video and song revolutionized music for me. Hot, hip and funky with spirit and a sense of fun that has been lost in music. If they never do another notable thing 'Outkast' and Andre 'Ice Cold' 3000 showed us how it SHOULD be done. "Outkast finally made us believe the two most important sounds of the past 40 years (rock and hip hop) might finally get together and make beautiful, weird love." Innovative lyrically and musically it set a new bar for me. If you don't 'shake it like a Polaroid picture' then you sir, are dead to me.



...and Dookie on drums!

2 comments:

Simon B said...

Hey, great choice! Infectious tune, wonderful production, video full of beautiful girls - you can't go wrong!

Wings1295 said...

Fun song indeed. Song of the decade? I dunno.