Thursday, December 31, 2009

Things I Am Looking Forward To In 2010


1. A new season of '24' and many other of my favorite shows like 'Burn Notice' and 'Warehouse 13'. I love television. If I could I would marry television. It is always there to help me laugh or cry and my favorite programs are comfortable, reliable, touchstones in my week. They give each and everyday a new flavor. Sure the medium can produce some really stupid crap (anyone seen 'Hole in the Wall'?) but that is what makes it great. Everyone competing for my time and attention.

I look forward to the new television season like people look forward to a new hockey season or the first day of school. With the fractured nature of TV, new series are starting up all the time throughout the year not just in the fall. Shows like the 'Amazing Race', 'Dancing With the Stars' and the batshit crazy British edition of celebrity 'Big Brother' are shows I can watch with my mother. Our ability to share those shows is a great way for us to interact with each other and build memories. Hell she LOVES old episodes of 'Married With Children'!!! No word of a lie. Al Bundy is her hero. That's why I love her. My father loved TV too and I have great memories of solving crimes with him like we were a real detective team.

This may all sound pathetic to some of you but TV enriches my life.

2. My mission to become 'The Most Interesting Man In the World'. I love those commercials and now that I have my blog running smoothly and my other ducks all in a row I am determined to change a few parts of my life and become more of the person that I was always hoping to be. Dear readers, you will hear more about this as the year progresses but be assured that you will be telling everyone that "I knew Cal when he was just a goof. Now look at him." My blog gives me alot of validation that I have been missing out on in my life for a long time. I have a fresh perspective on things and the determination to rule the world. Don't worry. Mine will be a benevolent empire and the flag will be kick-ass.



Stay thirsty my friends.


3. Superman's return to his own comic and costume. For most of 2009 Superman has left earth to be on New Krypton (don't ask) and that whole storyline is just dragging out. Instead of being Superman he turned things over to Mon-el and now is the general in charge of Krypton's forces. Instead of a couple of Kryptonians in our solar system there are 100,000 of them from the bottle city of Kandor. They live on a planet that revolves opposite of us around the sun. Think of how dumb that is. 100,000 people with the same powers as Superman. Like was said in the 'Incredibles' - when everyone has superpowers no one will be special. I can only see this ending poorly because they have written themselves into a corner. I love Superman and I want to see him back where he belongs as the only Kryptonian (well we can also keep Supergirl, Krypto the super dog and Streaky the super cat). Comics can be so frustrating sometimes especially the stuff put out by Marvel and DC. Thankfully I have 'Invincible', 'Irredeemable', 'Incorruptible', 'Walking Dead', 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and 'Pet Avengers' to enjoy.

7 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

I am looking forward to the final season of LOST and the return of SGU. And I will probably get sucked into the next Survivor, too.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

How can you not get sucked into the next Survivor? I hear it's going to be called 'Heroes and Villains'. I think they may have realized that the last ending was pure bullshit so they are giving Russel another chance.

TS Hendrik said...

Not enough people embrace a love of television. Too often I'll talk to someone about a show and they'll say something to the effect of "Oh I don't watch TV." As if it's something to be ashamed of. Kudos to you and unabashed love of the talking cyclops.

Wings1295 said...

I am looking forward to more Burn Notice & Warehouse 13, as well!

As for comics, I am ready for Aquaman to be Aquaman and not some undead zombie!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Oh Wings..please do not look at Darkest Night (Green Lantern) six of eight...they made Mera into an angry, blood spouting RED LANTERN. Just when she finally got a cool part in a major mini, they go and mess her all up. Yeh, I get that she is pissed but have her resist the temptation to become evil just for her revenge. That seems like such a cop out to me.

Robin said...

Ahhhh TV, my constant companion. Every evening I snuggle my butt into the divot on my couch, kick the footrest out, slide a pillow behind my weary head, and turn on the beautiful Eye to see what's awaiting me in the PVR's recordings. Will it be Survivor in HD? How about House or Heroes? Maybe some Fringe, CSI, or SGU? Warehouse 13 and Dexter await on a USB after being surreptitiously downloaded from the computer. Shall I choose a movie I've recorded or a single episode of a show? Do I watch a whole season in a week (as I did with Dexter and Nurse Jackie) or anticipate each episode once a week? Oh the choices! Oh such entertainment!

I do so love my TV.

Nomad said...

Have you ever tried that beer? I thought it had a salty after taste, like salt water! Cool ads though.