Saturday, January 29, 2011

The 'New' Charlie's Angels


Minka Kelly (Friday Night Lights and The Roommate) as Marisa, a former U.S. Marine, a weapons expert trained in all forms of hand-to-hand combat, and a neat freak.

Rachael Taylor (Transformers) as Abby, the youngest and sassiest of the Angels. The beautiful and privileged daughter of a notorious Wall Street crook, she is an expert con artist herself, as well as a Krav Maga expert.

Annie Ilonzeh (General Hospital) as Kate, a very smart and very athletic ex-cop and a master of martial arts. She is the most serious of our 3 Angels but also knows how to let her hair down and have a great time.


The only one I know is Minka and she is all right. I was hoping for swimsuit model Kelly Brook but you get what you get. I don't even hope this will be good. I will watch the first episode and decide from there. As with most remakes, let's see how well they do recapturing the nostalgia of the first Charlie's Angels which I remember very little about except for the Angels. Cheryl Ladd was always my favorite.

http://dlisted.com/node/40607

4 comments:

Tim Knight said...

I grew up loving Charlie's Angels, in those pre-Star Wars days, Charlies Angels (and Planet Of The Apes) ruled my little geeky mind!

I still have several of the original tie-in CA novels that came out in those halcyon years.

I was also probably one of the only people who loved the films that came out several years ago, so I'm willing to give this a shot and see how it shapes up.

You never, it might actually be good...

Kal said...

I am glad that they chose little know actresses. I am hoping for a nostalgic jiggle fest. I liked Drew and Lucy in the movies but Cameron just worked my last nerve.

Paladin said...

I'm too enamored with the original TV cast. Jaclyn Smith is the sole occupant of my Spousal approved Sexual Exemption list, and I'd still hit that. My Wife calls out "Your Girlfriend is on TV" whenever there's a rare appearance of her on the tube.

Not entirely sure that my Mrs wouldn't pull a fast one and *still* brain me with a frying pan, though :)

Kal said...

Jaclyn Smith is one of those women who never ages. I wish she would have done more things that didn't flop (not her fautlt)