Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cool Action Figures My Collection Needs






My collection is already quite substantial but there are always those figures that slip by. I cruise the Ebay to look for those pieces but these few never seem to come up at a reasonable price. A few are just out or will be soon and I have my action figure 'guy' (I told you, like Kramer I have many 'associates') on the hunt.

I just love these toys however, aside from the strong connection to my childhood (where all such collection obsessions begin), I love the sculpt, paint and extra details that go into their construction. The figures that are based on popular films are same of the best ones, especially when they can get the likeness of the actor who played the film's character down so well. Some are not yet perfected. I had a chance to get an 'Alice' figure from 'Resident Evil' a few years ago but she didn't look anything like Milla Jovovich.

5 comments:

Drake said...

Oh i want that Robotman aka Cliff Steele action figure!

Kal said...

I would like the whole classic 'Doom Patrol' with 18th inch Elastic Girl and TWO negative men - mummy guy and energy guy. Maybe Metro too.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

Ah- those look familiar :)
How I LOVE my toys- SOOOO Happy!
...am always on the lookout for a Batman as Green Lantern (DC Direct)... buying one outright is expensive, and I always get outbid otherwise :D

Kal said...

That is one of the worst things about EBAY. You get your hopes up that you are getting a good deal and someone poaches on you at the last minute. There should be a private room in hell for those people.

Margaret Benbow said...

All of these look good to me, except what's with Spiderman's stance in the last picture? It looks kind of Village People-y and is not true to the Spiderman scripture (the comics).