Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's Australia Day!! - Hooray For Convicts And Kangaroos

I have a soft spot for this country. From their badly behaved giant hopping mice to their laid back pioneer spirit, I love it. It's as magnificent in it's own way as Canada is and as a fellow member of the Commonwealth of Nations we share a special heritage as former members of the British Empire.

My niece was born in Canada and has duel citizenship. My nephew was born in Oz but since his mother is Canadian he can also claim to be part of the tundra. I like that personal connection from both ends of the world.

And you thought the Cave of Cool was not a global concern. I have my people in key positons just waiting for the signal to strike.

11 comments:

Miss Mulligrubs said...

Yet you claim Australia to be nothing but Kangaroos and death?

Hive45 said...

Hay there Calvin! A big hello from downunderground Australia. Love yr blog. Thanks! ;)

Kal said...

It IS nothing but Kangaroos and death but if you can survive there with all the things out to get you like venomous snakes, insects, dogs, and octopus, and also endure the heat, humidity, rain and floods, then you are the EXACT kind of people I need for my global army. If you can also take the cold I will be unstoppable. Just because I have a deathly fear of anything that swims or bites or stings doesn't mean it's not a beautiful magical continent. I am just made for surviving in the Tundra is all. I am more polar bear than dingo.

Professor Chaos said...

Not just convicts and kangaroos, they also have platypuses!

Kal said...

Thanks for the kind words, Hive45. I like your stuff too. Will be sure to add you to the blogroll on my next go round.

And Miss M - you follow alot of blogs but you haven't made one of your own?

Kal said...

Professor Chaos. I am a big fan of Perry the Platypus from 'Phineas and Ferb' so those freaks of nature are all right.

Ricky Shambles said...

I grew up watching the movie Dot and the Kangaroo (Bunyips! NO!)

Seriously though, to a hell of a culture (that in no way is represented by Outback Steakhouse)! Cheers!

Miss Mulligrubs said...

I don't have a blog as of yet. Though I do have an incredibly massive list of posts I want to make. I'll get around to it... eventually/never.

Kal said...

It can be a hell of an obsession Miss M...but think of what you leave behind. It will be there forever.

Holy Crap Ricky - Dog and the Kangaroo. They showed that in Canada as part of our shared colonial culture package of shows.

Nick Ward said...

Kangeroos, convicts, a dog called Ricky, casual racism and genocide. Advance Australia fair...

Kal said...

Nick - why should they be any different than any other country?

And of course I meant DOT and the Kangaroo. Dog and the Kangaroo is a bounty hunter show where all bail jumpers are transported to jail in the pouch of a Roo.