Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Night Double Feature





Why do I not post the movie trailers to go with my reviews? Its a rookie mistake. So lets get this one over with quickly. Robert Rodriquez is one of my all time favorite directors and these are my favorite of his movies. I love the way he took the character that gave him his shot as a filmmaker and created these two love letters. Yeh you read correctly bitches...these are love letters to the action film genre. 'Desperado' is brilliant but 'Once Upon a Time in Mexico' is EPIC. Its my all time favorite, Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Johnny Depp, Cheech Marin, Danny Trejo, Eva Mendes, Enrique Iglesias, Mickey Rourke (complete with purse dog), William Dafoe movie EVER! Down in old Mexico they tell a story of El Mariachie. Part myth, part legend, he is the scourge of the underworld. Some say he is dead. Some say he can never die. All I know for sure is that you don't fuck with the Mariachie!



El - "In my past I take on evil from the bottom. Now I realize, start at the top."

4 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

I just got a decent (I hope!) copy of District 9 from you-know-where. Tomorrow: hike & a movie!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

ooooo hope you enjoy it.

Wings1295 said...

I started adding trailers (if I can find them) to my reviews a couple of weeks ago. Figure it might give the peeps more of an idea of the flick I am quickly reviewing. :)

Nicole said...

JOHNNY DEPP! Sands' Theme is the very first YouTube video I favorited. XD

Word Verification: suncbra