Friday, September 25, 2009

I Finally Draw That Line



This is the stupidest world record ever. This whole 'record' business has officially 'jumped the shark' for me. And this is from a guy who bought the 'Guinness Book of World Records' for years and years. From now on I only recognize records that take years of training to achieve and are sanctioned by a reputable athletic organization. This includes track and field associations but NOT anything involving wooden spoons, speed eating, quantity eating, the growth of body parts or the actions of 'trickless' magicians. ENOUGH! I also don't want to see the largest 'anything' or the biggest group to do 'something' unless its to pretend that they are lemmings and set a record for jumping off a cliff. I am not even posting the video for this one. If you want to see it follow the link to the loss of your self respect.

http://presurfer.blogspot.com/2009/09/fastest-time-to-recite-all-50-united.html

6 comments:

Sam G said...

Love your blog! Just bookmarked it.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Thank you. Funny how I can never hear that enough.

Wings1295 said...

Hah! Everyone wants to be famous for something, maybe?

Mykal Banta said...

Calvin: After watching the world record being set for reciting the states while being "hit" in the face with wooden spoons, I must say that it was a poor performance at best. First, the gentleman didn't really speak very quickly (I mean, not what you would expect from a world record, anyway - the guys on radio doing the "void where prohibited, must be 18 years old . . . " are often about a billion times faster.

Also, and not for nothing, the so called "hits" to the face were basically pats, and that’s being generous. It looked almost like a pleasant facial message. I wanted to hear some smacking sounds.

All in all, I don't expect this record to stand long. Somewhere, I am sure; some wife is smacking the piss out of some husband, while he says "Alabama! Alaska! Arkansas!!" -- Mykal

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You see Mykal..that is what I am saying. Put some EFFORT into it people. I say 50 states - 50 Scorpions down your pants while dancing on a hotplate.

Mykal Banta said...

Calvin: Now you're talking! That's a record all survivors could be proud of! Not to mention, such a record would present a real challenge. Your generic dufus in a kitchen with a camcorder wouldn't be so damn cocky about given that one a try! -- Mykal